EDUCON Meritorious Service Award
- Prize: Plaque and Certificate.
- Funding: Funded by the EDUCON Steering Committee.
- Eligibility: Must be a member of the IEEE Education Society.
- Basis for Judging: Dedication, effort and contributions.
- Presentation: During the Opening Ceremony of the annual IEEE EDUCON Conference.
2014 recipient is Rob Reilly for outstanding contributions to the administrative and management efforts for the IEEE EDUCON conference.
Best Paper Awards
Best Paper Awards are appointed in the following categories:
- Educational Methods and Learning Mechanisms in Engineering Education
- Infrastructure and Technologies for Engineering Education
- Innovative Materials, Teaching and Learning Experiences in Engineering Education
- Excellence in Engineering Education
- Knowledge and Competencies in Engineering Education
- Best Student Paper
- Most Innovative Paper regarding Engineering Education
- Prize: Certificate.
- Eligibility: Authors of accepted submissions of the IEEE EDUCON Conference.
- Basis for Judging: Review results and voting of the session chairs especially considering the quality, originality, and attractiveness of the presentation.
- Presentation: During the Closing Ceremony of the annual IEEE EDUCON Conference.
Area 2 Infrastructure and Technologies for Engineering Education
Deconstructing remot laboratories to create Laboratories as a Service
Caminero, Agustín C.; Robles-Gómez, Antonio; Ros, Salvador; Tobarra, Llanos; Hernández, Roberto; Pastor, Rafael; Castro, Manuel
Area 4 Excellence in Engineering Education
Self-assessment of Freshman Student's Base Competencies
Zehetmeier, Daniela; Kuhrmann, Marco; Böttcher, Axel; Schlierkamp, Kathrin; Thurner, Veronika
Area 5 Knowledge and Competencies in Engineering Education
Motivating Programming students by Problem Based Learning and LEGO robots
Lykke, Marianne; Coto, Mayela; Mora, Sonia; Vandel, Niels; Jantzen, Christian
Special Track: Technical Didactics Software Engineering (TDSE)